House Survey Reports

Contact details

0121 355 0095

Contact Us


West Midlands Surveys Ltd is Regulated by the
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors

Typical property problems

Dry rot
Wet rot
Brick decay
Faulty electrical wiring
Tree roots
Insect infestation
Poor materials
Bad drainage
Structural problems
Fire damage
Old aluminium wiring
Water damage
Leaking roof
Walls, floors, roofs
Surface water
Chimney defects
Corrosion to frames and hinges
Poor ventilation
Cracked, slipped, missing tiles
Ground movement
Cracked pipes
Inadequate soak-away
Failed double glazing
Unprofessional shoddy work
Cavity wall tie failure
Heating system faults
Thermal movement
Severe weathering
Plumbing problems
Pipework leaks, corrosion
Inadequate pressure
Obsolete lead pipes

House Surveys provided by West Midlands Surveys Ltd.

West Midlands Surveys Ltd are able to provide a comprehensive Survey and Valuation service for all types of residential property. We can provide the following reports carried out by experienced Chartered Surveyors.

RICS Homebuyer Reports
This is most suitable for homes built within the last 150 years, which are in reasonable condition, and of traditional construction.
More info: Homebuyer Reports

RICS Market Valuation Reports
A valuation report is not a survey. This type of report will provide you with an assessment of the property's current Market Value given its present condition.
More info: Market Valuation Reports

Energy Performance Certificates
The energy performance certificate (EPC) will provide you with information on the property’s energy efficiency. Anything rated A to C is above the UK average. A seller must have commissioned this certificate when they put the property on the market so the estate agent should be able to provide you with this.
More info: Energy Performance Certificates

Residential Mortgage Valuations
A mortgage valuation will deal primarily with the value of the property in its present condition. The mortgage valuation report may only refer to matters that will affect the lenders ability to grant the mortgage. It will not report in detail, on disrepair items unless they are so severe that they may affect value or saleability.
More info: What type of House Survey do I need?

Building Surveys
This survey is for older properties and those of a non-standard construction (e.g. timber). It usually takes a day to complete, depending on the size of the property. A building survey gives a detailed report on the condition of the property and highlights issues that should be investigated further before going ahead with the purchase. It does not include a valuation.
More info: Building Surveys

BCIS Buildings Insurance Valuations
We can provide a building insurance valuation report under BCIS (Building Cost Information Service) guidance to make sure you are not paying too much for your insurance cover (over-insurance) or paying too little (under-insured) meaning your claim may not be paid in full in the event of a loss.
Contact us to discuss BCIS Buildings Insurance Valuations

Matrimonial Valuations
In these days of high divorce and separation rates, it is usually necessary for matrimonial houses or shared property to be valued to decide upon how the assets will be shared. Valuations are also carried out for the benifit of single parties for negotiation purposes.
Contact us to discuss Matrimonial Valuations

Expert Witness Reports
An expert witness, professional witness or judicial expert is a witness, who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, is believed to have specialised knowledge in a particular subject beyond that of the average person. A surveyor may be employed as an 'expert witness' to offer their 'expert opinion' on an evidence or fact issue in court, drawing from his own knowledge, training and experience.
Contact us to discuss Expert Witness Reports

Specific Defect Reports
We can provide Specific Defects Reports if you have a property problem, e.g. severe dampness, dry rot, wet rot, woodworm, condensation, subsidence, cracking and/or movement etc.
Contact us to discuss Specific Defect Reports

Party Wall Advice
If you live in a semi-detached or terrace house you share a wall (or walls) with your neighbour – that wall is known as a party wall. Since the Party Wall etc Act 1996 came into force, homeowners in England and Wales have had a procedure to follow when building work involves a party wall or party fence wall, some excavations close to neighbouring buildings, and new walls at boundaries. The Act requires that where the adjoining owner does not ‘agree’ in writing to the works a surveyor or surveyors will determine the time and way in which those works are carried out.
Contact us to discuss Party Wall Advice

Non Domestic Energy Performance Certificates
Energy performance certificates (EPCs) are legally required for business and commercial buildings when the properties are newly built, sold or leased. Buildings that need a commercial EPC are described as having a roof and walls and using energy to condition the indoor climate (i.e. has heating, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation).
Contact us to discuss Non Domestic Energy Performance Certificates

UK Regions covered include: East Midlands Region: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire. West Midlands Region: Hereford and Wocestershire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands county. UK Towns covered include: West Midlands: Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Stoke-on-Trent, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Mansfield, Oldbury, Sutton Coldfield, Nuneaton, Smethwick, Solihull, Worcester, Staveley, Warwick, Leamington, Cannock, Great Wyrley, Tamworth, Redditch, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Telford, Shrewsbury, Beeston and Stapleford, Cannock, Stafford, Rugby, Hereford, Burton Latimer, West Bromwich, Gloucester, Cheltenham. East Midlands: Nottingham, Derby, Northampton, Norwich, Peterborough, Ipswich, Cambridge, Milton, Lincoln, Chesterfield, Astwood Bank, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Kettering.

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player